Thursday, May 31, 2012

Individual Liberties..."Prisoners always lose"

During our Barbri lecture on Individual liberties the "professor," which I put in quotes because he was recorded and is being broadcast to our classroom, gave us a tip that "prisoners always lose."

For the bar, and presumably in real life, if there is a claim for deprivation of liberty then the prisoners always lose.

So for instance:

Prisoner: "My rights are being violated by because locked in a cell all the time."
Court: "Too bad. Next." (Okay, this one makes sense.)

Prisoner: "My rights are being violated because I'm being denied access to conjugal visits."
Court: "Too bad. Next." (This one is a little more questionable being that few urges are more natural than the desire for sexual contact.)

Prisoner: "My rights are being violated because I am raped repeatedly while the, guards, who are hired by private business in some states, do nothing about it."
Court: "Too bad. Next."

No comments:

Post a Comment