Thursday, May 31, 2012

Property law.."All I can hear, I, me, mine, I, me, mine, I, me, mine."

I'm currently working on the AMP lessons for Property Law. Of all the branches on the legal tree that I have studied, I dislike property the most. I don't know what it is about this subject that I despise so much but I really cannot stand it.

Maybe my disdain has something to do with the fact that the subject is just people arguing over material possessions. It's mine. NO, it's mine. Nuh uh, It's mine. When I study or read Property Law George Harrison's song "I, Me, Mine," plays in my head on repeat.

I know the material is important, but it just doesn't feel as valuable to may as say Constitutional law which discusses a person's legal rights, their liberty, their freedom. Criminal Law features issues over a person's physical freedom or justice for a wrong-doing. Tort Law usually features a physical injury, a party trying to be made whole. Even Contract Law, which I also have trouble getting into, seems to have more substance than Property Law.

I guess that's it. I don't see the substance. Maybe I just don't get it. But, I guess I'll get back to it. I have not taken a Property class since 1L year and I did not do well then. I have a lot to remember and even more to learn considering we have three class sessoions-worth of Property, two of which are back-to-back on Saturday.

Serenity now!

No comments:

Post a Comment