Thursday, May 31, 2012

Barbri...Complaints

Apparently Barbri AMP was out over the last few days. I received a handful of e-mails apologizing for the inconvenience and telling me that the problem was fixed. Apparently it wasn't. I also noticed several complaints on facebook and fellow Barbri student and UMKC School of Law grad., Joe McClendon, brought the problem to my attention in class this morning. Further, as McClendon explained, the entire Barbri website was out the other day, nothing worked. McClendon perturbed to say the least about not having access to a  product that he's spending so much money on. If I had been caught up with my studies I would have been with him.

Barbri's official statement on facebook read:
"Unfortunately, we continue to experience technical difficulties with BARBRI AMP that are limiting access to the program. In order to stay current on your study schedule, if the assignment in your Paced Program reads “AMP MPQ1,” you can access the exact same questions in your MPQ1 book.

If your Paced Program assignment reads AMP and a subject title (e.g. “AMP Real Property,” “AMP Contracts,” etc....), you can read the outline in the Multistate Outline (MS) book as a substitute to the AMP questions for each subject.

Making these substitutions should keep your bar preparation on schedule. As we have said previously, we very much regret the difficulties you have experienced and truly appreciate your patience and understanding."
 
Underneath Barbri's message are a series of complaints from Barbri students across the country.
Paul L. Sousa who lives in San Francisco posted, "Fairly confident it's down for a second time today. All other websites are working for me. So this makes how many times in the past two days? I've lost count :-/"
You can tell he's serious because of the distressed emoticon.
 
Pete Eraca in Birmingham angrily posted, "The AMP was helping me far more than plainly reading the outline will. I was looking forward to and enjoying the interactive content this was to provide. I think that pushing this program was poorly planned and misadvertised benefit of BarBri. BarBri should simply admit its mistake and take some form of proper ameliorative measure."
Now at this point in the game, I think Eraca went a little far in saying that the lack of AMP is a  misadvertised benefit.
 
I just logged onto the Barbri site and AMP is now working. If the technical problems continue, though, Barbri might have a full-scale facebook riot comprised of unhappy soon-to-be lawyers, who happen to be weighed down by massive student loans, on their hands. If the site isn't maintained they are asking for a pain in the ass lawsuit from at least one desperate debtor.

No comments:

Post a Comment