Monday, June 11, 2012

Barbri at home

I know a handful of my classmates have been just watching the Barbri lectures at home because they find the power to control their breaks to be comfortable. I guess this works for some people but there's no way I can do this.

As a result of my 2:30 am arrival I didn't make it to class this morning and because I woke up with a barbecue jones, I didn't get started until late this afternoon, although I did have a wonderful lunch with a good friend.

I'm currently trying to get through the Barbri lectures on my own schedule and I keep stopping. I continue to be distracted, by the Internet, by writing and by my own short attention span.

I cannot miss another one of these lectures. I require the structure that the classroom environment provides. I must be cut off from the Internet, that never-ending playground of procrastination, and from everything but the material I'm studying or I may not learn it.

This post itself is a product of such procrastination, the distractions that the World Wide Web provides.
While this started as an activity to fill the 10-minute void between Barbri sections, it has now become a tool by which I put off the painfully mundane lecture that waits for me. I've only got one left, another hour until I can do something else, maybe take a break from the law if that were possible.

"Oh, I'll do it later. I don't want to do it now."

Well, Alex, its later. Get back to work.

1 comment:

  1. If you ever miss a class, you can always come to the night class. We start at 6 and we're usually in Stoup. Just text me if you need to know for sure what room we're going to be in.

    ReplyDelete